FULTON, NY – (By Dave Medler) – The following are clarifications and rules regarding the Tracey Road Equipment combined DIRTcar Modified/358-Modified Class at Fulton Speedway for the 2014 Season.
· No points will be awarded for the April 26 “High Bank Holdup” Super DIRTcar Series Show. The first points earning event will be May 3.
· All Modifieds, 358 or Big Block must purchase a DIRTcar License to earn points and handicapping.
· All Modified/358-Modified teams must also complete a Fulton/Brewerton driver registration form. They can be found at http://fultonspeedway.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Driver-Registration-Form-14.pdf these may be submitted to the track by mail or to the handicapper at the track.
· 358-Modified Teams need to see the handicapper to register as a 358-Modified at each event
· Separate modified and 358-Modified points will be tallied throughout the season. On Labor Day, DIRTcar 358-Modified Home Track Points will be awarded to 358-modified point earners.
· DIRTcar Hoosier Tires are required beginning with opening day. D200, D300, D400 or D500 are all accepted compounds in any combination on the car.
All DIRTcar rules will apply except for the following:
Post Race Weights for weekly competition will use the 2013 DIRTcar rules:
· DIRTcar Big Block Mods = 2,500 pounds
· DIRTcar 358 Modified Ported Intake and Optional Exhaust = 2,450 pounds
· DIRTcar 358 Modified Stock Intake & Spec Exhaust = 2,350 pounds
Aluminum Wheel Covers – Are only permitted if they are positively fastened to the beadlock around the entire perimeter. Wheel covers that attach with dzus buttons or similar attachment are not permitted. Please contact track tech inspectors if you have any questions on what is allowed. This is not meant to create hardship for race teams but done in the interest of spectator safety.
Rub Rails – Only one single rub rail is allowed per side. No double bars.
Avoid standing in line on opening day getting you pit or grandstand season passes. Here is the link to take care of that before the 2014 season gets going next month.
There is still limited spots left for the Great Northern mall 2014 “Blast-Off” show. This is a great way to get your sponsors name out there in the public eye and possibly attract new race fans who are at mall. It’s easy to register, just go to www.fultonspeedway.com and click on the link on the front page and fill out the form and send it in. It goes directly to Cory Reed’s email.
Fulton Speedway will kick of the season on April 19 with a Test & Tune that is open to any dirt car At 4 p.m. On Saturday, April 26 the season opener is a big show as the “High Bank Holdup” 100 lap Super DIRTcar Modified Series invades the speedway. Also on the race card will be $1,000-To-Win Industrial Tire Of CNY Sportsman Shootout qualifier and Pro Race Mod Lites. Race time is 7 p.m.
You can interact with fans year round on the track Facebook page at www.facebook.com/FultonSpeedway
Any questions you might have contact Cory Reed at [email protected] or 315-638-4056.