Date: Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Location: High School Board Room
I. REGULAR BUSINESS
A.Call the meeting to order.
6:30 p.m. Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Executive Session
B.Pledge to the flag.
C. Comments from visitors
- Speakers will be asked to sign up to speak before the meeting, providing their name, address, phone number. If they have a question, they will be asked to write it out.
- List will be given to the President before the start of the meeting.
- If there are 10 speakers or more, a 3-minute limit on speaking will be put in place. Speakers may be grouped according to subject. They may speak once.
- President will make a statement before every board meeting that only factual and yes or no questions will be answered. Others may require research, but they will be answered by letter or a phone call.
- Questions and their answers from the previous monthÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s meeting will be quickly reviewed. Questions and their answers will also be available on the back bulletin board.
- After Ã¢â‚¬Å“commentsÃ¢â‚¬Â section, corrections may be made.
- Second Ã¢â‚¬Å“commentsÃ¢â‚¬Â section will be the same as the first.
* D. Minutes Ã¢â‚¬â€œ February 10 & February 24, 2010
E. Financial Reports Ã¢â‚¬â€œ January, 2010
1. Treasurer’s Report
2. Cafeteria Report
3. Extraclass Fund Report
4. Transfer Report
5. Transfer Requests
1. Board / Administrative Goals Workshop, Monday, March 8, 2010, 6:30 p.m.
2. Special Meeting to Approve Budget, Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 6:30 p.m.
3.BOCES Annual Meeting, Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 6:00 p.m.
4.Regular BOE Meeting, Wednesday, April 14, 2010.
5.Special Meeting to Vote on BOCES Administrative Budget, Wednesday, April 28, 2010 (set time).
6.Announcement for Candidates to run for the Board of Education
a. Submission of Petitions by April 19, 2010 (petitions available March 22, 2010).
G.Reports and Requests
1. Board Member Forum:
a.Meeting with Assemblyman Bob Oaks Ã¢â‚¬â€œ D. Blake & D. Young
b.Meeting with Senator Aubertine Ã¢â‚¬â€œ D. Young, D. Blake & M. DiFabio
c.Discussion on Approaching Bargaining Units for Concessions
d.JROTC Ã¢â‚¬â€œ R. Siver
2. JROTC Cost Report Ã¢â‚¬â€œ N. Henner & B. Schmitt
3. Legislative Report Ã¢â‚¬â€œ R. Gillen
4. Audit Committee Ã¢â‚¬â€œ M. Watts
5. BOCES Board Report Ã¢â‚¬â€œ D. Blake
6. Contract for Excellence (C4E) Ã¢â‚¬â€œ M. DiFabio
7.Board of Education Minutes on the Web for Two Years Ã¢â‚¬â€œ J. Musa
8.EXCEL Project Update Ã¢â‚¬â€œ P. Wise
II. CONSENT AGENDA
a. Gloria Kempston, Food Service Helper, Permanent Appointment, effective March 9, 2010.
2. Leave of Absence:
a. Amity Kerr, Special Education Teacher, Paid and Unpaid Leave of Absence, effective on or about April12, 2010 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ June 18, 2010.
1. Recommendations of Committees on Preschool Special Education and Special Education.
A.Discussion of Land Acquisition Ã¢â‚¬â€œ M. DiFabio
B.Second Reading: Ã¢â‚¬Å“Avancemos!,Ã¢â‚¬Â by Holt McDougal, for Spanish 2 students.
A.Discussion of Exit Poll for Budget Vote Ã¢â‚¬â€œ B. Schmitt
B.Approval of Hannibal Administrator-Supervisory Association Contract, July 1, 2009 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ June 30, 2011.
C.Approval of Hannibal SupervisorsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ Association Contract, July 1, 2009 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ June 30, 2011.
D.Agenda Items for April.
Additional Comments from Visitors.
V. ANTICIPATED EXECUTIVE SESSION