Submitted by SUNY Oneonta
ONEONTA, NY — The following local residents are among 1,507 students from SUNY Oneonta who earned Dean’s List honors for the fall 2010 semester.
- Ann Matthys, a resident of Central Square, NY
- Shannon VanBeveren, a resident of Central Square, NY
- Julia Bullard, a resident of Fulton, NY
- Ashley McDonald, a resident of Fulton, NY
- Sarah Munger, a resident of Fulton, NY
- Ashley Marshall, a resident of Martville, NY
- David Stanton, a resident of Parish, NY
- Erin Burke, a resident of Pennellville, NY
- Andrew Gilchriest, a resident of Pennellville, NY
- Morgan Ennis, a resident of Phoenix, NY
- Wyatt Mccullagh, a resident of Westdale, NY
- Kelly Kugler, a resident of Williamstown, NY
To qualify for the Dean’s List, undergraduate students must earn a grade point average of 3.5 or higher while carrying a course load of 12 semester hours or more.
SUNY Oneonta, which enrolls approximately 5,900 students, ranks third among “regional master’s-north” in the U.S. News and World Report rankings of “schools with a strong commitment to teaching,” sits at #47 on the Kiplinger’s magazine list of the “100 Best Values in Public Colleges” and has been recognized by the Carnegie Foundation for excellence in community engagement.
Established as a state normal school in 1889 and incorporated as a founding member of the state university system in 1948, the college is well known for its outstanding faculty, strong academic programs, educational technology, community service and character-building activities, and scenic campus.