Boilermakers Northeast Joint Apprenticeship Committee, Local Lodge #5-Zone 175, will conduct a recruitment from January 5, 2010 through December 7, 2010 for eight boilermaker (construction), State Labor Commissioner M. Patricia Smith announced today.
Applications can be obtained at the Local Lodge #5-Zone 175, 28 West Bridge Street, Oswego, NY from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on the first Tuesday, excluding legal holidays, during the recruitment period.
The Committee requires that applicants:
* Must be at least 18 years old proof of age required when the applicant is presented with a bona fide offer of employment or at the time of indenture.
* Must have a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) proof required when the applicant is presented with a bonafide offer of employment or at the time of indenture.
* Must be physically able to perform the work required as determined by a verbal declaration.
* Must have reliable transportation to report to remote job sites and related instruction.
* Must be willing to submit to a drug/alcohol test within 48 hours after signing an Apprentice Agreement.
For further information, applicants should contact their nearest New York State Department of Labor office or may contact the Local Lodge #5-Zone 175 at 860-569-8368.
Apprentice programs registered with the Department of Labor must meet standards established by the Commissioner. Under state law, sponsors of programs cannot discriminate against applicants because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, disability or marital status. Women and minorities are encouraged to submit applications for apprenticeship programs. Sponsors of programs are required to adopt affirmative action plans for the recruitment of women and minorities.