OSWEGO, NY – November is Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month.
* It’s the most lethal cancer there is. Overall survival rate is 6%.
* More than 46,000 Americans will be diagnosed this year. More than 39,000 will die.
* No early test. Less than 20% of those diagnosed are eligible for surgery.
* No cure, unless the cancer is surgically removed in its earliest stages.
* Too little federal funding. Pancreatic cancer research constitutes only 2% of the National Cancer Institute’s budget.
Come join Oswego’s First Purple Candlelight Vigil being held November 16.
Light a candle in memory, honor and in hope for a cure.
The vigil will be held on the porch of The Press Box on East First Street from 5-7 p.m. and will continue into the restaurant for munchies and support for anyone who has been touched by pancreatic cancer.
For Information, please contact Michele (Mickey) Saternow-Powers at [email protected]