;

Change Your Clocks, Change Your Batteries

With the turning back of the clocks  this Sunday, the Oswego Fire Department would like to remind area residents to also change the batteries in their smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.

“This simple but important act has proven time and time again to be a real lifesaver. While the dangers of fire are more widely known, carbon monoxide is known as the silent killer and with the home heating season under way, there is no more important time to make sure that all detectors are in proper working order,” said Fire Chief Jeff McCrobie. “Please also make sure that any elderly friends, relatives, or neighbors who may not be able to take care of this on their own are given assistance in this. You may in fact save a life.”

The Oswego Fire Department has smoke detectors available for in city residents.

For more information call 343-2161 or 342-8772.