;

Change Your Clocks – Change Your Batteries

OSWEGO, NY – With the turning back of the clocks on November 4, the Oswego Fire Department wants to remind everyone to replace the batteries in their home smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.

This is most important this time of the year with the firing up of home heating systems.

“Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are proven lifesavers and are a valuable but often overlooked household safety item. Please take the time this fall to replace the batteries and also be sure that your home heating devices are in the proper working order,” said Oswego Fire Chief Jeff McCrobie. “In addition, please check on neighbors and relatives who may not have the means to do these important tasks on their own.”