OSWEGO – Children’s flu shots are now available at the Oswego County Health Department’s regularly scheduled immunization clinics Tuesdays from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. at the Nick Sterio Public Health Clinic, 70 Bunner St., Oswego, and the third Tuesday of every month from 9 to 11 a.m. at the H. Douglas Barclay Courthouse, Pulaski.
Influenza immunization clinics are held weekdays for adults age 19 and older from 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m. at the Nick Sterio Health Clinic.
No appointment is needed; walk-ins are welcome.
Adults may also receive flu shots the third Tuesday of every month from 9 to 11 a.m. at the H. Douglas Barclay Courthouse, Pulaski.
The cost is $39 for the injectable influenza vaccination and $43 for the nasal vaccine.
All patients must bring insurance cards to the clinics.
The health department will bill Medicaid/Medicare including managed care plans, Excellus BC/BS, Empire Plan and Oswego County Pomco Plan 200.
The health department accepts cash or checks for payment; the department does not accept credit or debit cards.
The Oswego County Health Department offers a variety of services to all residents of Oswego County, including preventive health services, certified home health care, certified hospice, and a maternal and child health program.
No one will be turned away due to inability to pay.
The following services will be offered during the week of Oct. 5 at the Nick Sterio Public Health Clinic, 70 Bunner St., Oswego.
– Adult Flu Clinic: Monday through Friday, Oct. 5 through 9, 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m., walk-in clinic, no appointment needed.
– Immunization Clinic: Tuesday, Oct. 6, 12:30 to 3:30 p.m., walk-in clinic.
– Pregnancy Testing: Free pregnancy testing is available. Call 349-3391 to schedule an appointment.
– Sexually Transmitted Disease Testing and Treatment Services: Call 349-3547 to schedule an appointment.
– HIV Counseling and Testing Service: Call 349-3547 to schedule an appointment.
Immunization clinics are held every Tuesday from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. at 70 Bunner St., Oswego, and the third Tuesday of every month from 9 to 11 a.m. at the H. Douglas Barclay Courthouse, Pulaski.
For more information about public health services, contact the County Health Department, weekdays, phone 349-3547 or 1-800-596-3200, ext. 3547.