OSWEGO, NY – At its meeting this week, the Common Council approved the closure of East Albany Street between City Line Road and Shampine Drive during Super Dirt Week events.
The event will be held at the Oswego Speedway October 2-9.
The road will be closed from 6 a.m. Oct. 2 through 5 p.m. on Oct. 11.
They also approved use of:
• Veterans’ Park by ARC of Oswego County in order to host the musical group Flame on September 16
• Wright’s Landing Marina for a fishing tournament to be held on September 18 with boats launching at 5:30 a.m. and returning at 3 p.m. for weigh-in.
• City property by Oswego County Opportunities In recognition of Domestic Violence Awareness Month. They will put up a display in the grassy area at the intersection of East First and East Mohawk streets, between the former Tim Horton’s and the Harbor Rail Trail.
• The East Side Fire Station for a flu shot clinic sponsored by Rite Aid to be held October 6 from noon to 4 p.m.
The council accepted a donation of a park bench from the Oswego High School Class of 1968 to be placed in Breitbeck Park.
GHD Consulting Services was designated the Standardized Consultant in providing all SCADA and PLC solutions for any further upgrades to the east and west side wastewater facilities.
The mayor was authorized to:
• Execute a five-year sewer use agreement with SUNY Oswego. The value of the contract is not to exceed $5,464,111.32 for the term of the contract July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2021.
• Sign amendment No. 1 to the professional engineering agreement with GHD Consulting Engineers for modifications to the Combined Sewer Separation – Second 25% Phase 2 Project. It increases from $162,800 to $172,780.
• Sign amendment No. 5 to the agreement with C&S Companies for modifications to the West Side Wastewater Treatment Plant Expansion Project. It is a zero dollar amendment.
• Sign Change Order No. 2 with Patricia Electric for project modifications to the East Side Wastewater Treatment Plant Generator Replacement Project. It reduces the contract from $250,000 to $234,171.
• Sign Change Order No. 3 with Barrett Paving Materials for project modifications to the Street Milling and Paving Project. It is a decrease of $19,325.81.
The Community Development Director was authorized to apply for funding for the Bridge NY Program.
The program provides advanced assistance for local governments to rehabilitate and replace bridges and culverts.
Councilors OK’d the transfer of funds ($45,285) from within the Fire Department to cover overtime expenses.
They also approved Police Chief Tory DeCaire’s request to send an officer to the Rural Community Policing Committee training session to be held September 21 in Cazenovia.
The councilors waived the rules of the Common Council to present six resolutions from the floor without committee consideration.
• Authorizing a public hearing regarding proposed Local Law No. 5 of 2016 – a local law amending Chapter 83, Buildings, Dangerous, of the Code of the City of Oswego.
• Amending amended a previously adopted resolution – Re: Resolution No. 85, Dated March 14, 2016. And approval of an amusement license for the 2016 racing events at Oswego Speedway, to include Super Dirt Week.
• Adoption of the “Think Differently” Initiative to help support and assist individuals with special needs.
• And, they approved the quote ($11,490) submitted by Mosca Design, Inc., as well as the proposal submitted by Darling Elves Flower and Gift Shop for the lamp posts in Civic Plaza and City Hall’s grand staircase as well as wreaths and bows; both proposals were in regards to holiday decorations for the city.