OSWEGO, NY – The Oswego City Police Department wishes to inform everyone about recent changes regarding the Ã¢â‚¬Å“downtownÃ¢â‚¬Â parking lots.
Effective Jan. 1, local legislation was passed which made it unlawful to park in any of the specified Downtown Parking Lots from 3 to 6 a.m., any day of the year, without a parking permit.
The parking lots specified are as follows:
- Water Street south of West Bridge Street
- Water Street south of West Oneida Street
- West Cayuga Street at West First Street
- West Cayuga Street at West Second Street
- Water Street north of West Bridge Street
- East end of West Seneca Street (VeteransÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ Park)
- Upper level of Midtown Plaza
- Lower level of Midtown Plaza
- East First Street (in front of Board of Education Building)
- East First Street at East Oneida Street (library lower lot)
- East Second Street at East Oneida Street (library upper lot)
Enforcement of the parking restrictions was put on hold until adequate accommodations could be made.
Oswego Police will begin issuing Courtesy Citations for violations of the parking regulations beginning on Feb. 24.
Temporary overnight parking will be available by permit only in the West Cayuga Street at West First Street lot and in the lower level Midtown Plaza lot.
The Temporary Overnight Permits will be available at the Oswego Police Department, 169 W. Second St., on a 24-hour basis at a fee of $5 per space, per night.
The Temporary Parking permit will allow parking in the designated areas from 9 p.m. until 9 a.m. the next day.
Effective March 1, any vehicle found to be in violation of the downtown parking restrictions may be ticketed and/or towed.