September 22, 2018

Esther M. Rogers, 76

PHOENIX, NY – Esther M. Rogers, 76, of the town of Palermo, (Phoenix), NY, passed away on Monday March 5, 2018, while at her winter home in Zephyrhills, Fla.

Esther M. Rogers

Esther M. Rogers

She was born in the town of Schroeppel (Woodchuck Hill) to her late parents, Elizabeth (Avery) and Carl R. Rawson, on June 19, 1941.

Esther held both a bachelor’s and a master’s degree from SUNY Oswego.

She was a beloved high school mathematics teacher for 34 years, from 1962 to 1996, at Hannibal Central Schools.

Esther was a member of many organizations in Central New York.

She was a member of Bristol Hill UCC church, Palermo Fire Department Auxiliary, Oswego County Fire Auxiliary, Delta Kappa Gamma, Oswego County Retired Teachers’ Association, NYS Retired Teachers’ Association, The Elks Lodge #830, and the local and national chapters of Family Motor Coach Association.

She was also very active in Zephyrhills.

She attended First Presbyterian Church of Zephyrhills, belonged to The Friendship Club at Palm View Gardens, The Zephyr Bees quilting group and the Zephyrhills Moose Lodge #2276.

She is survived by her loving husband of 55 years, Gerald E. Rogers; her daughters and sons-in-law, Michelle D. (Anthony) Folino from Kennesaw, Ga., and Sandra M. (Matt) Motyka from North Rose, NY; three grandchildren, Nicholas D. Folino, Lucas H. Folino and
Miranda M. Motyka; her sister and brother-in-law, Carol A. and Richard H. Rogers of Seneca Falls; several nieces, nephews, cousins and many extended family and friends in New York and Florida.

A celebration of life service will be held in the summer of 2018.

More details will be announced as a date and time are chosen.

Burial will be at Phoenix Rural Cemetery in Phoenix.

Contributions in Esther’s memory may be made to: Bristol Hill UCC or The Ronald McDonald House in Syracuse.

Allanson-Glanville-Tappan Funeral Home, 431 Main St., Phoenix, NY 13135 has care of local arrangements.

Tags:

20 Responses “Esther M. Rogers, 76”

1. Joe Whittaker
    March 14, 2018 at 9:39 am

My sincere condolences to the Rogers family. Esther was truly one of the best teachers as well as coworker at Hannibal; a kind gracious Lady always. It was an honor to always be asked for by Esther to help monitor the math regents for many many years. Esther wrote letters to myself & administration letting them know what a superior job I did as to having the math regents run smoothly for her for that I was always grateful as well as treating me as an equal as a teacher. Again my thoughts & prayers to the Rogers family in your time of sorrow.

2. Linda Ingison
    March 14, 2018 at 3:08 pm

Mrs. Rogers was the most caring teacher that I have known, she would give her extra time to help a student in math. Her time helped students do amazing on the regent tests. She would even remember it the following school year and congratulate you. Absolutely the BEST!!!

3. Larry and Junie Decker
    March 14, 2018 at 7:16 pm

To Ester’s loved one’s… as friends and neighbors in our Florida home,we want to send many caring thoughts and prayers. Our Palmview Garden friends are sending their caring loving thoughts also.God Bless.

4. Jerry and Charlotte Millard
    March 14, 2018 at 7:54 pm

Esther was a dear friend at Palm view Gardens, and we found out we were New York friends also, She always had a smile and time to visit,She joined our stained glass class and enjoyed it so much ,also did very well in it,We will miss her so very much. Prayers to Jerry and the family,

5. Jacqueline Tracy
    March 14, 2018 at 8:25 pm

To the family of Esther Rogers im so sorry for your loss we grew up together as kids and she will be truly missed

6. John and Susan Lynch
    March 14, 2018 at 8:33 pm

I am so saddened to hear of the loss our dear Esther! She was always so upbeat–never saying a negative word! She was so dedicated to her family, her profession, and any organization she was a part of. I was thrilled and honored when she joined Historical Society! Every time I saw Esther the day seemed brighter, so I can only imagine how difficult it is for her family to lose her. What a wonderful wife and mother she must have been! Our deepest condolences go out to all of you in the loss of such a brilliant, caring and supportive person–a proud and wonderful Mom and GrandMom. May happy memories and the knowledge that her love was without end, sustain you.

7. jacqueline Tracy
    March 14, 2018 at 8:35 pm

To the family of Esther she will be very missed by many im so sorry for your loss I grew up with her and her sister for many years My thoughts and prayers are with you all God Bless

8. Ray and Pat Fonner
    March 14, 2018 at 9:21 pm

Our deepest sympathy to Jerry and the Rogers family. We will certainly miss Esther and her quick wit and humor. We always admired her devotion to her family, friends and any endeavor she undertook. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

9. Sharon Scofield
    March 14, 2018 at 9:39 pm

My condolences to the Rogers family. Esther will be missed by anyone who knew her. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

10. The Gulliver Family
    March 15, 2018 at 12:11 am

So sad to hear this. Our condolences to Jerry and family. Esther was a sweet lady and I loved my
    Talks with her when I was working.

11. Martha Sturtz
    March 15, 2018 at 12:12 am

Oh no!! so sad I loved Esther!! My thoughts and prayers are with the family…but I know her she trained you all how to live life with a smile no matter the load we were given! She was always so supportive of our family during the Heidi Allen search! One of the greatest things when we are gone is all the family and friends-they are life’s treasures to keep adding sparkle into our lives! I ‘ll miss you dear friend!

12. Alice and Jim Doss
    March 15, 2018 at 7:33 am

Deepest sympathy to the Rogers family. Esther will be missed. She always had a smile for everyone.

13. Fred & Nila Currier
    March 15, 2018 at 8:24 am

Hard to believe that such a vibrant, active person is no longer with us. We were fortunate to have spent so many happy times with Esther and Gerald.

14. Debby Allen
    March 15, 2018 at 9:11 am

I am so sad to hear this news. Mrs. Rogers was such a kind and helpful teacher and through the years a dear friend. She always had a lovely smile and kind words when our paths would cross. What a special time it was when we happened to be camping near each other at Jacque Cartier State Park. I will always remember being invited for camping deserts with your family. My deepest sympathy to all of your family. Debby Allen

15. Leo Norton
    March 15, 2018 at 9:44 am

My deepest sympathy to ” Todge” and all the Rogers family. I think of all the good times living across the road from you. Esthers Mom and the golf clubs. The Palermo fire dept., working on chicken Bqs, and partys, etc. Both of you left good memories for me. God Bless

16. Carolyn Patane
    March 15, 2018 at 11:59 am

My thoughts and prayers are with you all. I remember Esther as the “big” sister when I would go down to see Carol!! She was a wonderful person. My love to you all.
    Carolyn Doss Patane

17. Jerry and Jane Koehn
    March 15, 2018 at 4:29 pm

We send our condolences to Jerry and family . Esther was a very well liked person here in Palm View Gardens. Esther was one of the first people I met at Red Hats in our park. She always had a beautiful smile and I miss her at stained glass. May she Rest In Peace.

18. Warren and Bonnie Gray
    March 16, 2018 at 9:25 am

Esther was a dear friend. It is hard to think we will not see her again. We will miss her.

19. Janice Falcon
    March 17, 2018 at 8:35 am

Esther was a wonderful addition to the ZephtBees Quilt Club. She was a joy to work with. and was always eager to help with our charity projects. She will be greatly missed.

20. Mary Ann Thomas
    March 17, 2018 at 9:30 am

Esther will be truly missed. I really enjoyed her happy spirit and “can do” attitude. She was such a cheerful person to be around. We had some very good times and lots of laughs at ZephyrBees Quilt Club! My thoughts and prayers are with the Rogers Family.