OSWEGO, NY – The Retired & Senior Volunteer Program, a division of SUNY Oswego’s Office of Business and Community Relations, has initiated walking clubs throughout Oswego County.
The Oswego Community Walking Club began June 19 and will continue on Wednesdays at 9 a.m. before expanding to other days and times.
The next group walk is scheduled for June 26 at 9 a.m. at Breitbeck Park under the bell.
People who are interested in joining a walking club, becoming a phone coordinator and/or leading walks, are encouraged to contact RSVP.
The following communities are active and looking for new walking members:
• Palermo – Rachel Brooks at 963-1069, no calls after 8 p.m.
• Mexico – Marge Flood at 447-4996 or Jane Backus at 391-0436.
• Oswego Town – Anne Knutson at 342-7409 or [email protected]
• Oswego City – RSVP 312-2317 or [email protected]
• Phoenix – Loretta Milewski at 695-6746.
For more information on this and other RSVP programs or to receive the Mature Living newsletter, call 312-2317 or email [email protected]
RSVP is a federal initiative of the Corporation for National and Community Service and is sponsored locally by SUNY Oswego and the United Way.