The Laker men’s and women’s cross country teams started the 2009 season with a pair of second place finishes at the Oneonta Early Bird Invite on Saturday. The Oswego State men recorded 50 points, while the women tallied 56 points. Oneonta won on both sides at its men scored 15 points and its women scored 18 points.
Freshman Rachel Sanborn (Liberty, N.Y.) turned in the best finish for the Lakers as she crossed the finish line in 18:11 on the 4.5-kilometer course, which earned her third-place honors. Mike Bott (Jr., Camillus, N.Y.) posted the top time for the menÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s squad as he finished in eighth place with a time of 20:52 for the 6-kilometer race.
*Top 5 WomenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Finishers*
1. Rachel Sanborn, 18:11 (3rd)
2. Rose Foran (Sr., Canastota, N.Y.), 19:13 (9th)
3. Angeleen Tauriello (Fr., Rochester, N.Y.), 19:33 (11th)
4. Marissa Wimer (Fr., Spencerport, N.Y.), 21:16 (23rd)
5. Loreley Gomez (So., Glen Cove, N.Y.), 21:21 (24th)
*Top 5 MenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Finishers*
1. Mike Bott, 20:52 (8th)
2. Samson Dikeman (Jr., Altamont, N.Y.), 21:25 (13th)
3. Kyle Brayton (Fr., Fulton, N.Y.), 21:37 (T-14th)
4. Ryan Korzinski (Fr., Ballston Lake, N.Y.), 21:37 (T-14th)
5. Cody Netzband (Sr., Cleveland, N.Y.), 21:48 (18th)