The City of Fulton is giving people some options towards beating this week’s record-setting heat.
There will be no fees charged at the city’s swimming pool at Rowlee Beach Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Pool hours are 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
And the city will offer its community center at City Hall today and Friday as spce for people to catch a cool break.
The building will be available both days until 7:00 p.m.
Temperatures are forecast to come near 100 degrees today, with some slightly less hot temperatures for tomorrow. But high humidity will make it feel worse.
Agencies, including the Red Cross and the Centers for Disease Control, offer these tips:
- Do any housework or yard work early in the day or later in the evening;
- Drink lots of water, but avoid soda or alcohol as they help to dehydrate you;
- Take a day off from exercise;
- If you must be outdoors, use sunscreen and wear a wide-brimmed hat;
- Wear loose-fitting clothing;
- Check twice a day on neighbors who are elderly or ill.