FULTON – As a new year approaches, the Fulton City School District asks for family support to help Fulton students improve school attendance.
The promotion of good attendance habits at every age and grade level will help students be successful as they grow.
Here are some important attendance facts to remember throughout the winter months:
• Winter weather and children’s illnesses can take a toll on school attendance, but it’s important to ensure your child attends school every day possible.
• Children who are frequently absent in kindergarten are less likely to read well by third-grade. By middle school, absenteeism can predict who will graduate from high school.
• Make backup plans for bad weather and keep your children healthy.
• If you’re having difficulties getting your child to school because of inclement weather, reach out to other families or call the school. We can connect you with people who can help.
• If your children are sick, talk to your doctor or school nurse to see whether they are too sick for school.
• Dress children warmly for the cold weather and don’t forget hats and gloves. Encourage them to wash their hands regularly and send them to school with hand sanitizer.