Cicero, NY – When a Girl Scout is asking you to buy a box of cookies, she is learning skills that will last a lifetime.
· Goal setting – girls set their own sales goals and create a set of objectives with their teams to reach these goals.
· Decision making – girls learn how to work as a team to develop a basic business plan, decide when and where to sell cookies, and reach agreements on what to do with the money they earn.
· Money management – girls develop budgets, take cookie orders, and handle customers’ money.
· People skills – girls learn how to talk, listen, and work with different kinds of people.
· Business ethics – girls learn how to fulfill promises to customers, keeping true to the Girl Scout Promise and Law in their business dealings, and consider how best to contribute to their communities with their earnings.
The Girl Scout Cookie Program runs from February 1 through April 6. Booth sales begin on March 8. Cookies are $4 per box.
The varieties available this year are: Thin Mints, Tagalongs, Samoas, Do-Si-Dos, Trefoils, Dulce De Leche, Savannah Smiles, and Thank You Berry Munch.
To find out more information about the program, visit www.gsnypenn.org/cookies or download the free app for iPhone and Android users.
Join the fun and friendship of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
Contact the Girl Scouts’ Cicero Service Center at (315) 698-9400, visit www.gsnypenn.org, become a fan at facebook.com/GSNYPENN, follow twitter.com/GSNYPENN and pinterest.com/gsnypenn, or read the blog at www.gsnypenn.wordpress.com for more information.
Girl Scouts is the premiere leadership development program for girls.
Girl Scouts of NYPENN Pathways, Inc. serves over 17,000 girls in 26 counties of New York and Pennsylvania.
Founded in 1912, Girl Scouts is the leading authority on girls’ healthy development, and builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
Visit www.gsnypenn.org or call the Cicero Service Center at (315) 698-9400.