OSWEGO – The Oswego County Health Department offers a variety of services to all residents of Oswego County, including preventive health services, certified home health care, long-term home health care, certified hospice, and a maternal and child health program.
Walk-in influenza clinics are held weekdays from 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m. at the Nick Sterio Public Health Clinic, 70 Bunner St., Oswego for people age 19 and older.
No appointment is needed; walk-ins are welcome.
Children’s flu vaccine is available every Tuesday from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. in Oswego, and the third Tuesday of every month from 9 to 11 a.m. at the H. Douglas Barclay Courthouse, Pulaski.
The children’s flu vaccine is available at no cost to all children who qualify for the Vaccines for Children Program provided by the New York State Department of Health.
For those who do not qualify, the cost is $37 for the inactivated vaccine (the shot) and $43 for the flu-mist (nasal vaccine).
Patients with private insurance, Managed Medicaid, Managed Medicare, Medicaid, Medicare, and Medicare Part B should bring their benefit cards with them to the immunization clinic.
No one will be turned away due to inability to pay.
The following services will be offered during the week of Dec. 30 at the Nick Sterio Public Health Clinic, 70 Bunner St., Oswego.
Offices will be closed on New Year’s Day.
– Adult Influenza Clinic: Monday through Friday, 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m., walk-in clinic.
– Immunization Clinic: Tuesday, Dec. 31, 12:30 to 3:30 p.m., walk-in clinic.
– Pregnancy Testing: Free pregnancy testing is available. Call 349-3391 to schedule an appointment.
– Sexually Transmitted Disease Testing and Treatment Services: Call 349-3547 to schedule an appointment.
– HIV Counseling and Testing Service: Call 349-3547 to schedule an appointment
Immunization clinics are held every Tuesday from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. at 70 Bunner St, Oswego, and the third Tuesday of every month from 9 to 11 a.m. at the H. Douglas Barclay Courthouse, Pulaski.
For more information about public health services, contact the Oswego County Health Department, weekdays at 349-3547 or 1-800-596-3200, ext. 3547.