OSWEGO – The Oswego County Health Department is offering influenza immunization clinics for people age 19 and older weekdays at the Nick Sterio Public Health Clinic, 70 Bunner St., Oswego.
Adult influenza clinics are held from 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m.
No appointment is needed; walk-ins are welcome.
Adults may also receive flu shots the third Tuesday of every month from 9 to 11 a.m. at the H. Douglas Barclay Courthouse, Pulaski.
The influenza vaccination costs $37.
Pneumonia vaccine is also available at the flu clinics.
The cost of the pneumonia vaccine is $103.
Both vaccines are covered by Medicaid and Medicare Part B.
Children’s flu vaccine is available every Tuesday from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. at the Nick Sterio Clinic in Oswego, and the third Tuesday of every month from 9 to 11 a.m. at the H. Douglas Barclay Courthouse, Pulaski.
The cost is $37 for the inactivated vaccine (the shot) and $43 for the flu-mist (nasal vaccine).
The health department accepts cash or checks for payment.
The department does not accept credit or debit cards.
Patients with private insurance, Managed Medicaid, Managed Medicare, Medicaid, Medicare, and Medicare Part B should bring their benefit cards with them to the immunization clinic.
No one will be turned away due to inability to pay.
Please bring shot records to the immunization clinics.
The following services will be offered during the week of Nov. 3 at the Nick Sterio Public Health Clinic, 70 Bunner St., Oswego.
– Adult Flu Clinic: Monday through Friday, Nov. 3 through Nov. 7, 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m., walk-in clinic, no appointment needed.
– Immunization Clinic: Tuesday, Nov. 4, 12:30 to 3:30 p.m., walk-in clinic.
– Pregnancy Testing: Free pregnancy testing is available. Call 349-3391 to schedule an appointment.
– Sexually Transmitted Disease Testing and Treatment Services: Call 349-3547 to schedule an appointment.
– HIV Counseling and Testing Service: Call 349-3547 to schedule an appointment.
Immunization clinics are held every Tuesday from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. at 70 Bunner St., Oswego, and the third Tuesday of every month from 9 to 11 a.m. at the H. Douglas Barclay Courthouse, Pulaski.
For more information about public health services, contact the County Health Department, weekdays, phone 349-3547 or 1-800-596-3200, ext. 3547.