OSWEGO – The Oswego County Health Department will begin influenza immunization clinics Monday, Sept. 14, for people age 19 and older at the Nick Sterio Public Health Clinic, 70 Bunner St., Oswego.
Adult influenza clinics are held weekdays from 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m. No appointment is needed; walk-ins are welcome.
Adults may also receive flu shots the third Tuesday of every month from 9 to 11 a.m. at the H. Douglas Barclay Courthouse, Pulaski.
The cost is $39 for the injectable influenza vaccination and $43 for the nasal vaccine.
All patients must bring insurance cards to the clinics.
The health department will bill Medicaid/Medicare including managed care plans, Excellus BC/BS, Empire Plan and Oswego County Pomco Plan 200.
The health department accepts cash or checks for payment; the department does not accept credit or debit cards.
Children’s influenza shots and flu mist vaccines will be available later this fall.
The department offers a variety of services to all residents of Oswego County, including preventive health services, certified home health care, certified hospice, and a maternal and child health program.
No one will be turned away due to inability to pay.
The following services will be offered during the week of Sept. 14 at the Nick Sterio Public Health Clinic, 70 Bunner St., Oswego and the H. Douglas Barclay Courthouse, Pulaski.
– Adult Flu Clinic: Monday through Friday, Sept. 14 through 18, 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m., walk-in clinic, no appointment needed.
– Immunization Clinic: Tuesday, Sept. 15, 12:30 to 3:30 p.m., walk-in clinic.
– Pregnancy Testing: Free pregnancy testing is available. Call 349-3391 to schedule an appointment.
– Sexually Transmitted Disease Testing and Treatment Services: Call 349-3547 to schedule an appointment.
– HIV Counseling and Testing Service: Call 349-3547 to schedule an appointment.
– Immunization Clinic: Tuesday, Sept. 15, 9 to 11 a.m., walk-in clinic.
Immunization clinics are held every Tuesday from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. at 70 Bunner St., Oswego, and the third Tuesday of every month from 9 to 11 a.m. at the H. Douglas Barclay Courthouse, Pulaski.
For more information about public health services, contact the County Health Department, weekdays, phone 349-3547 or 1-800-596-3200, ext. 3547.