OSWEGO, NY – The Oswego County Historical Society and the John D. Murray Firefighters Museum will co-host an open house Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Firefighters’ Museum, 35 E. Seneca St., (behind Oswego Fire Department).
The open house will feature the Kingsford Fire Pump Wagon on display for the first time in more than 20 years.
The fire pump was patented in 1867 and built in 1869 by the Kingsford Foundry & Machine Works.
The foundry was part of the Kingsford family empire that began with the Oswego Starch Factory and Kingsford Corn Starch.
The Oswego County Historical Society has partnered with Firefighters’ Museum to loan this historic fire wagon for permanent display.
Please visit the open house to learn more.