With tax season in full swing, IRS Commissioner John Koskinen is sending a message to the nation’s taxpayers: the IRS will do all it can to help you file your taxes. The Commissioner’s message is in a special video on the IRS YouTube channel. It offers the following tips to help make your tax filing as smooth as possible this tax season:
- The IRS will provide the assistance you need to get your taxes filed accurately and on time.
- The IRS will work hard to issue refunds quickly while increasing our efforts to stop tax fraud and identity thieves.
- Due to very limited resources, IRS phone lines will be very busy. You may experience extensive wait times. We are working to limit these wait times as much as possible. But the IRS has other options for you to get the information you need.
- Try a tool. Use the Where’s My Refund? tool to check on the status of your tax refund. We update the information once a day so there is no need to check the tool more often. Use the EITC Assistant tool to see if you should claim the money-saving Earned Income Tax Credit. Or use the Tax Trails and Tax Map tools to find answers to your tax questions.
- Download the app. You can use the newly redesigned IRS smartphone app IRS2Go to check the status of your refund, get a copy of your transcript or get the latest tax news. IRS2Go is available in English and Spanish for Apple and Android devices.
- Watch a video. Choose from more than 100 short instructional videos on the official IRS YouTube channel.
- Get tax tips. Subscribe to the daily tax tips that the IRS issues during the filing season. You’ll also receive summertime tax tips, as well as special edition tax tips year-round.
- Go social. You can connect to the IRS through social media. You’ll find the IRS on Twitter @IRSnews, @IRSenEspanol and @IRStaxpros. The IRS is also on Facebook and Tumblr. For IRS social media links, go to IRS Social Media.
For more details about additional IRS resources and information, visit IRS.gov.
IRS YouTube Video: