Go to ...
RSS Feed

September 20, 2018

It’s Time To Change Your Batteries


OSWEGO, NY – The Oswego Fire Department would like to remind all area residents that with the turning back of the clocks ending daylight saving time on Nov. 6, the important practice of changing the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors should be done.

Nationally, as well as locally, the early detection of fires has proven time after time to save lives.

Properly installed and working smoke detectors remains one of the most efficient and easiest ways to detect fires in residential dwellings.

As always, please also check on elderly neighbors and relatives to also make sure that their detectors are working.

“With the up coming holiday season it is even more important to be sure that smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are in fine working condition. Please take extra time to be sure that your holiday lighting is properly installed per manufacturers’ directions and never leave burning candles unattended and within reach of children or pets”, said Oswego Fire Chief Jeffrey McCrobie.

If you have any questions, please contact the Oswego Fire Department at 343-2161.

More Stories From Community

%d bloggers like this: