September 20, 2018

James Robert ‘Robby’ Robinson, 74

James Robert ‘Robby’ Robinson
November 10, 1943 – April 23, 2018
FULTON, NY – James R. “Robby” Robinson, 74, of Longs, South Carolina, formerly of Fulton, died Monday, April 23, 2018, at McLeod Regional Medical Center in Florence, South Carolina.

James Robert ‘Robby’ Robinson

James Robert Robinson

James was the son of the late, Robert J. Robinson and Anna Zanewych Robinson and resided in Fulton until moving to Longs, South Carolina in 2013.

He was a graduate of Fulton High School, SUNY Oswego and also served in the U.S. Marine Corps.

He retired as a police officer with the Fulton Police Department in 1987 and continued working for a number of years for the NYS Park Police and at Battle Island Golf Course.

He was a member of the Fulton Lodge B.P.O.E. #830, the Polish Home and the American Legion.

James had a passion for golf and a love of sports which included coaching Little League baseball and women’s softball.

He was an avid New York Yankee, New York Giants and Syracuse University fan.

James is survived by his wife, Cindy Perry Robinson; two sons, David James Robinson and Michael Garrett (Dana) Robinson; two-step children, Chase (Megan) Perry and Nicole (Greg) Perry Sherrell; and by two grandchildren, Kian and Brynn Perry.

In addition to his parents, he was predeceased by a sister, Roberta Robinson Baker.

At his request, there are no services.

Contributions in Mr. Robinson’s memory may be made to the Fulton Police Benevolent Association, 141 S. First St., Fulton, NY 13069.

To leave a message of sympathy for the Robinson family, please visit www.brownfuneralhomefulton.com or use the Oswego County Today comments section.

16 Responses “James Robert ‘Robby’ Robinson, 74”

1. Bob Weston
    April 30, 2018 at 11:10 pm

We are saddened to hear of the passing of Robby .I knew him as a Fulton Policeman and just an outstanding individual.Our thoughts go out to his family.

2. Jim Bogardus
    May 1, 2018 at 3:18 am

Condolences to the family. I have many fond memories of “Buck”. Great friend , great athlete and athletic supporter. I will miss him sorely.

3. May 1, 2018 at 6:12 am

So sorry to learn of Robby’s passing. Friends since high school and a colleague at FPD. We had many great times together.

4. Leo Norton
    May 1, 2018 at 7:06 am

Sorry to hear of Jims passing. Many good memories at “good old Fulton High” on fourth St. Rest in peace Jim. Our class of “61”

5. May 1, 2018 at 7:42 am

Sorry about the loss of Robby. Worked together at the Fulton PD and on the PBA softball team with Canadian police agencies I organized. RIP to his family .

6. Shelly LeClair
    May 1, 2018 at 8:12 am

Cindy- We are so sorry of hear of your loss- Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time- John and Shelly LeClair

7. Joe Whittaker
    May 1, 2018 at 8:17 am

Dear Cindy, Was sorry to hear of Robert’s passing my condolences to you & yours in your time of sorrow.

8. Bob Rowland
    May 1, 2018 at 9:25 am

Jim was an excellent three sport athlete but more importantly a great guy. Whenever I think of him, I see him with a wide grin and the twinkling eyes of an impish young boy ready to “pull a prank” on some unsuspecting soul. Glad I knew him. Rest In Peace.

9. Robert gardner
    May 1, 2018 at 10:04 am

So sorry to hear of Jim’s passing I know him and my dad worked together at Fulton PD in the late 60’s sorry for the family’s loss.

10. Bob Jennings
    May 1, 2018 at 10:23 am

It’s hard to say goodbye to good friends, and I considered Robby a good friend. We shared a lot of good times over the years, on the golf course, the softball field, and at mahogany ridge. Fairways and greens my friend, and may all your drives be long and straight.

11. alan alsworth
    May 1, 2018 at 2:57 pm

Was a fellow Officer and friend RIP

12. Liz Weske
    May 2, 2018 at 1:50 am

Great guy- great laugh and sense of humor…… fond memories.

13. Mark Cole
    May 2, 2018 at 4:09 pm

Very sad Robby was a great guy who enjoyed taking my money on the golf course many memories years ago when him and his dad hunted the same farm in Geneva as I did RIP Robby

14. Mary Rain
    May 2, 2018 at 4:23 pm

I always enjoyed having Robby as my Seargent. He was kind, fun to be around and quick to share his knowledge. I never saw him in a foul mood instead, a smile on his face. I was honored to serve under him.

15. May 3, 2018 at 9:44 am

My condolences to Robby’s family, he was a good man.

16. Doc Colocino
    May 3, 2018 at 9:56 am

Funny Story: Robby was walking the beat. He stopped across from the Lamplighter bar. Stood there for awhile and then left. Ed Smith ( God rest his soul ) Says..” must be Robby doesn’t think he’ll catch any speeders there.”

RIP Robby. Too soon for a really good guy