OSWEGO, NY – Kindergarten registration is rapidly approaching in the Oswego City School District.
This year registration will be from Feb. 14-18.
Registration will take place in the school a child will be attending.
Registration packets have been mailed to every child who will turn the age of five on or before Dec. 1.
To register parents or guardians must bring the child’s birth certificate, immunization records, proof of residency and custody paperwork, if applicable.
Once again registration will be conducted in the school where the child will attend and registration hours are as follows:
- Fitzhugh Park Elementary School – 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Kingsford Park Elementary School – 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Minetto Elementary School – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Charles E. Riley Elementary School – 9:30 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m.
- Frederick Leighton Elementary School – 9:30 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m.
Students who attended Universal Pre-Kindergarten will not need to register or be re-screened.
If someone has a child who is eligible to attend kindergarten and has not received a packet please contact the elementary school offices.
Questions will be answered by calling Charles E. Riley at 341-2800, Frederick Leighton at 341-2700, Fitzhugh Park at 341-2400, Kingsford Park at 341-2500, and Minetto Elementary at 341-2600.
All students will be involved in Kindergarten screening and parents will be asked to sign up for screening at the time they register their child for kindergarten.