ALFRED, N.Y. – Brian Tosti (Sr., Clifton Park, N.Y.) earned wins at No. 6 singles and No. 3 doubles to account for two points for the Oswego State men’s tennis team (1-2), but it was not enough as Alfred (1-1) a 7-2 win over the Lakers on Saturday.
Tosti partnered up with classmate Sam Carges (Brockport, N.Y.) to force a tiebreak against Dan Baruch and Trenton Berardi, where Tosti and Carges came out on top, 7-4. Oswego State went into singles play trailing 2-1.
Tosti dropped the first set against Chris Parker, 7-5, but battled back to win the second set, 6-4. In the third-set supertiebreaker, Tosti completed the comeback by winning the decisive set, 10-7.
The Lakers host Elmira on Tuesday at the Romney Tennis Courts at 4 p.m.
1. Connor Dowd (ALFRED) def. Ben Weiss (OSWM) 6-0, 6-0
2. Peter Benoit (ALFRED) def. D.J. Esposito-Kelley (OSWM) 6-2, 6-0
3. Mike Graham (ALFRED) def. Sam Moores (OSWM) 6-2, 4-6, 1-0 (10-8)
4. Stefan Nonnemann (ALFRED) def. Max McCune (OSWM) 6-2, 6-1
5. Dan Baruch (ALFRED) def. Dillon Corbett (OSWM) 6-1, 6-0
6. Brian Tosti (OSWM) def. Chris Parker (ALFRED) 5-7, 6-4, 1-0 (10-7)
1. Connor Dowd/Peter Benoit (ALFRED) def. D.J. Esposito-Kelley/Sam Moores (OSWM) 8-1
2. Mike Graham/Stefan Nonnemann (ALFRED) def. Dillon Corbett/Max McCune (OSWM) 8-3
3. Brian Tosti/Sam Carges (OSWM) def. Dan Baruch/Trenton Berardi (ALFRED) 9-8 (7-4)