OSWEGO COUNTY – Oswego County is working with neighboring counties in a new initiative, Solarize CNY.
The program is made possible with a grant through the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) in an effort to reduce start-up costs of solar power in Central New York.
The plan utilizes a negotiated, reduced price for solar installation; federal and state tax credits; and state incentives to provide more affordable solar power for residential and commercial properties.
Several workshops are scheduled throughout the county for residents to learn more about the program and talk directly with William and Emmylou Edwards, owners of the solar panel installation company Skyline Solar, Inc., located in Phoenix.
The public is invited to attend one of these free workshops:
• Phoenix: August 11 at 6 p.m. in the auditorium of the Sweet Memorial Building, 455 Main St., Phoenix
• Fulton: August 26 at 6 p.m. in the community room of the Fulton City Municipal Building, 141 S. First St., Fulton
• Oswego: September 8 at 6:30 p.m. in the community room of the Oswego Public Library, 120 E. Second St., Oswego
• Oswego: September 17 at 6 p.m. in room 315 of Park Hall on the SUNY Oswego campus, 7060 NYS Route 104, Oswego
• Pulaski: September 22 at 6 p.m. at St. James Episcopal Church, 24 Lake St., Pulaski
• Oswego: October 5 at 6:30 p.m. at the McCrobie Civic Center, 41 Lake St., Oswego
Additional meetings are also being scheduled in other locations around the county.
For more information, or to request a meeting in your community, contact the Oswego County Community Development, Tourism and Planning Department at 315/349-8292.