OSWEGO – Oswego County Legislature Chairman Kevin Gardner (District 13, New Haven) announced appointments to the County Legislature’s standing committees for 2015.
The seven committees oversee departments of county government and make budgetary and policy recommendations to the full Legislature.
The new standing committees are:
• Government, Courts and Consumer Affairs: David Holst (District 4, Williamstown) chairman, John Martino (District 6, Central Square) vice chairman, Daniel Farfaglia (District 24, Fulton), Richard Kline (District 12, Pennellville) Roy Reehil (District 5, Constantia), Amy Tresidder (District 16, Oswego), and Terry Wilbur (District 21, Hannibal). The committee oversees the Board of Elections, Clerk of the Legislature, County Attorney’s Office, County Clerk’s Office, County Legislature, Office of the Chairman, Real Property Tax Service, and Weights and Measures Office, and meets Mondays at 10 a.m. two weeks before the full Legislature meeting.
• Economic Development and Planning: Morris Sorbello (District 23, Granby), chairman, Shawn Doyle (District 3, Pulaski), vice chairman; Frank Castiglia Jr. (District 25, Fulton), Daniel Farfaglia (District 24, Fulton), Holst, Jacob Mulcahey (District 15, Oswego), and Reehil. The committee oversees the Department of Community Development, Tourism and Planning and several authorized agencies and meets at 2 p.m. on Monday two weeks before the Legislature’s full meeting.
• Public Safety: Linda Lockwood (District 11, Volney), chairwoman, Margaret Kastler (District 1, Sandy Creek), vice chairwoman, Castiglia, James Karasek (District 22, Granby), Kline, Mulcahey, and Milferd Potter (District 2, Orwell). The committee oversees the District Attorney’s Office, E-911 Program, Emergency Management Office, Fire Coordinator’s Office, Probation Department and Sheriff’s Office. Meetings are held at 10 a.m. on the Tuesday two weeks before the full Legislature meeting.
• Infrastructure, Facilities and Technology: Robert Hayes Sr. (District 10, Phoenix), chairman, Stephen M. Walpole (District 14, Oswego), vice chairman, Holst, Lockwood, Potter, Marie Schadt (District 19, Minetto), and James Weatherup (District 9, Central Square). The committee is responsible for policies and legislation regarding the County Airport, the Buildings and Grounds Department, Central Services, Energy Recovery Facility, and Highway and Solid Waste departments. The committee meets at 2 p.m. on the Tuesday two weeks before the Legislature meeting.
• Health: John Proud (District 7, Mexico), chairman, James Karasek, vice chairman, Kastler, Michael Kunzwiler (District 18, Oswego), Daniel LeClair (District 8, Palermo), Douglas Malone (District 20, Oswego Town), and Sorbello. The committee oversees the county Health Department. Meetings are held at 10 a.m. on the Wednesday two weeks before the full Legislature meeting.
• Human Services: Shane Broadwell (District 17, Oswego), chairman, Daniel LeClair, vice chairman, Doyle, Malone, Proud, Schadt, and Walpole. The committee oversees the Office for the Aging, Social Services Department, Veterans’ Services, and Youth Bureau, and meets at 2 p.m. on the Wednesday two weeks prior to the Legislature meeting.
• Finance and Personnel: Terry Wilbur, chairman, James Weatherup, vice chairman, Broadwell, Hayes, Holst, Kunzwiler, Martino and Tresidder. The committee oversees the County Audit Office, County Administrator’s Office, County Treasurer’s Office, Personnel and Purchasing departments, and meets at 2 p.m. on Tuesdays one week before the full Legislature meeting.
Committee meetings, which are open to the public, are held in the County Office Building at 46 E. Bridge St., Oswego.
Meeting agendas are posted on the county government website at http://www.oswegocounty.com/legislature/meetings/agenda.html
For more information, contact the Office of the Chairman of the County Legislature at 349-8230 or 1-800-596-3200, ext. 8230.