OSWEGO – Several local maple producers will host tours from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. March 21 and 22, and the following weekend, March 28 and 29, for the New York State Maple Producers Weekends.
Maple fanatics can visit these businesses to see the how sap is collected from maple trees, boiled, and transformed into delicious maple syrup.
Many of the businesses offer pancakes and sausage, tours of the sugar bush, and free samples.
• Maple Hollow Farms, 1309 county Route 85, Hannibal; 315-564-7133.
• Maple Hill Farm, 86 Guernsey Road, Hannibal; 315-593-2396.
• Red Schoolhouse Maple, 2437 County Route 4, Palermo; 315-243-1024; www.redschoolhousemaple.com
• Willow Creek Farm, 390 Lakeshore Road, Fulton; 315-592-5889
• Yardley Maple, 524 county Route 64, Mexico, 315-380-1416; www.yardleymaple.com
New York State Maple Weekends has grown to a state-wide celebration of the maple sugaring process.
For more details visit www.nysmaple.com
For visitor information and upcoming events, visit the Oswego County Tourism website at www.visitoswegocounty.com or call 315-349-8322.