On October 30, 1951, a group of Hannibal men formed a men’s club association for the purpose of providing facilities for an athletic field to foster a program of community service and progressive community projects.
On May 1, 1954, the Hannibal Men’s Club purchased a tract of land on Rochester St. and donated it to the village of Hannibal. This land was to be used for an official baseball diamond, and as a general community playground and athletic field.
This generous act by this group of men has gone largely unnoticed for the last 4 generations of Hannibal boys and girls.
On july 8, at 1:30pm preceding the oldtimers baseball and little-league games and concert in the park, a short rededication ceremony and placement of signage marking the Hannibal Veteran’s Memorial Field took place.
The sign is located at the entrance to the ball field on Rochester St. in the village.