Go to ...
RSS Feed

September 20, 2018

OCO’s Cancer Services Program To Give Away A 22” Flat Screen TV


OSWEGO, NY – In an effort to raise the awareness of their services and encourage Oswego County residents to receive the cancer screenings they need, Oswego County Opportunities’ Cancer Services Program Partnership is giving away a 22” flat screen television to one lucky eligible client who receives their cancer screenings through the program now through Feb. 28.

Coordinator of OCO’s Cancer Services Program Partnership Carolyn Handville displays the 22” Flat Screen Television that the program will be giving away to a lucky client who receives a free cancer screening through the program now through Feb. 28.

Coordinator of OCO’s Cancer Services Program Partnership Carolyn Handville displays the 22” Flat Screen Television that the program will be giving away to a lucky client who receives a free cancer screening through the program now through Feb. 28.

“We want to encourage more people to take advantage of these free cancer screenings,” said CSPP coordinator Carolyn Handville. “The Cancer Services Program has ample funding available in Oswego County to provide vital cancer screening services! We need your help to recruit men and women who could benefit from free cancer screenings. We need to screen everyone and anyone who may be eligible for the program now, or the program funds could be reduced in the future.”

“If you do not take advantage of these free cancer screenings, it will appear as though we do not have a need for this type of program in Oswego County, when we know for a fact that this is not the truth! To date, the program has only screened 6.4% of the eligible priority population. The program is asking for your help to identify the other 93.6% who have yet to benefit from the free cancer screenings this program offers,” Handville explained.

Handville said that the program is giving away the 22” flat screen television as an enticement for those who are eligible to make an appointment and receive the cancer screenings they need at no cost to them.

“It’s a win – win situation. Our clients receive the cancer screenings they need free of charge, they have the opportunity to win a 22” flat screen television, and more importantly, they may save their own life!” she added.

Cancer Screenings available through OCO’s Cancer Services Program Partnership include: Clinical breast exams, Mammograms, Pap/Pelvic exams, Colorectal Cancer screenings (for men and women).

In addition to these cancer screenings, the program also offers educational presentations on breast, cervical and colorectal health.

Free cancer screenings are available to uninsured or underinsured women ages 40 to 64, uninsured men ages 50 to 64 and uninsured or underinsured women under 40 years of age who are at risk of, or has had a clinically significant finding for breast cancer.

“Regular cancer screenings are an important part of maintaining good health. According to the American Cancer Society, this year, 13 Oswego County residents will be diagnosed with cancer each week and 5 individuals will die from cancer each week. When it comes to winning the fight against cancer, early detection is the best protection. I can not stress enough the importance of having those who are eligible call us today and schedule their appointment for the cancer screenings they need,” Handville said.

For more information on eligibility, or to schedule an appointment for a screening, call Kayleigh Dix at OCO’s Oswego Health Center, 342-0888 ext. 1454.

OCO is a private, non-profit agency that has been supporting communities throughout Oswego County since 1966 and touches the lives of more than 20,000 people annually.

OCO is a United Way of Greater Oswego County member agency.

For more information, visit www.oco.org

Tags: , ,

More Stories From Community

%d bloggers like this: