OSWEGO, NY â€“ To help celebrate Motherâ€™s Day, Oswego County Opportunities invites women of all ages to attend a very special event designed exclusively for them, â€˜Momâ€™s Day Out.’
Scheduled for May 2, the event, which is free and open to the public, will be held at the Oswego Armory, West First Street from noon to 3 p.m.
Carolyn Handville, coordinator of OCOâ€™s Cancer Services Program Partnership, said that â€˜Momâ€™s Day Outâ€™ promises to be a fun and educational event that women of all ages are sure to enjoy.
â€œIn honor of Motherâ€™s Day we have put together a special day for women where they can come and not only get some spectacular information on health related resources, but also enjoy an afternoon of pampering as well. There will also be opportunities to win some fun prizes as we have several free door prizes donated by our participating vendors,â€ said Handville.
According to Handville, â€˜Momâ€™s Day Outâ€™ will feature more than a dozen vendors offering a variety of free services and information.
Those scheduled to be a part of this Motherâ€™s Day event include:
- OCO Cancer Services Program – free cancer screening appointments and free giveaways
- OCO Facilitated Enrollment Dept. â€“ Family Health Plus / Medicaid Enrollment information / apps.
- OCO Health Education Dept. â€“ Information on reproductive health care and OCOâ€™s Health Centers
- OCO WIC Dept. â€“ Women / Infant / Children nutrition information and resources
- AmeriChoice â€“ Family Health / CHIP / Medicaid Information
- Arise – Breast Health and self exam demos
- Cornell Cooperative Extension â€“ Quick & easy meal ideas / preparation
- Oswego Hospital â€“ Information from a Certified Diabetes Educator / Smoking Cessation Counselor/Blood Pressure readings
- Oswego Hospital Radiology â€“ Bone Density Screenings
- YMCA â€“ Information on YMCA programs
- American Cancer Society â€“ Information on available resources for those diagnosed with cancer
- BeautiControl â€“ Relaxing spa treatments/Motherâ€™s Day gift/free to first 30 people that visit booth
- Mary Kay â€“ Facials / Satin Hand Treatments / Lip Treatments
- Lia Sophia â€“ Jewelry / Booking parties
- Avon â€“ Skin care products for facial pampering / recruiting
- Party Lite – BOGO candles / booking parties/discussing new products
- Riverview Wellness Center â€“ Chair Messages / Open House details
- BOCES Cosmetology Students â€“ Offering manicures / nail painting & designs
- Young Living Essential Oils â€“ Zyto health scans/peppermint water
- The Mustard Seed â€“ Organic foods
- Jay Sea Distributors â€“ Information and samples of spring water
In addition, there will also be Zumba demonstrations, a presentation on the many services offered through the OCO Cancer Services Program Partnership, and a special appearance by a breast cancer survivor who will share her experience.
Handville added that there would also be plenty of activities to entertain the children while their mothers enjoy the afternoon.
â€œVolunteers will be working with children of all ages on a variety of arts and crafts projects, including making Motherâ€™s Day Cards,â€ she said. â€œI encourage women to not only join us, but help us spread the word and tell their friends about Momâ€™s Day Out, a very special event that will be of interest to all women.â€
For more information, call Handville at 342-0888, ext. 1455.