OSWEGO – The Oswego County Office for the Aging staff will visit several communities in Oswego County during May to offer program information and assistance with applications to those who are unable to visit the Oswego office.
Residents are asked to call OFA, phone 315-349-3484, to reserve a time to speak with a representative.
“In a continuing effort to reach out to the community and make information and assistance more accessible to the elderly population of Oswego County, our staff is working with community partners to bring office hours to multiple locations,” said OFA Director Sara Sunday. “Lack of transportation is an issue for many in the county, and we are trying to reach out in the community by bringing the Office for the Aging staff to locations across the county.”
Community office hours will be held at the following locations in May:
– Mexico Public Library: May 5, 1 to 3 p.m., 3269 Main St., Mexico.
– Orwell/Cogswell Free Library: May 9, 2 to 4 p.m., 1999 County Route 2, Orwell.
– Phoenix Public Library: May 12, 1 to 3 p.m., 34 Elm St., Phoenix.
– Minetto Senior Apartments: May 15, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., 12 Schuyler St., Minetto.
– Central Square Public Library: May 18, 1 to 3 p.m., 637 S. Main St., Central Square.
– Parish Village Gym: May 25, 2 to 4 p.m., 2938 E. Main St., Parish.