OSWEGO – The Oswego County Office for the Aging will distribute Farmers’ Market Coupon Booklets between July 17 and 31.
The booklets, which are valued at $20, may be used at participating farmers’ markets.
Oswego County residents aged 60 and over whose gross monthly income is at or below 185 percent of federal poverty guidelines ($1,800 for a one-person household, $2,426 for a two-person household or $3,051 for a 3-person household) will be eligible to participate in the program.
Eligible recipients must personally sign for the coupon booklets.
Coupon booklets may be picked up at the Oswego County Office Complex Training Room, 70 Bunner St., Oswego, July 17 and 18 between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
The booklets may be picked up weekdays thereafter at the Office for the Aging, also located at the County Office Complex, 70 Bunner St.
Depending upon availability, the Office for the Aging staff is scheduled to distribute the booklets at the following senior nutrition sites:
• July 23: Hannibal, Community Library, 11 a.m. – 1p.m. and Phoenix, Congregational Church, 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
• July 24: Oswego, OCO – Midtown Plaza, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. and Constantia, St. Bernadette’s Church, 11 a.m. -noon
• July 25: Fulton, Municipal Building, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
• July 28: Parish, Presbyterian Church, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
• July 30: Mexico, Presbyterian Church (Wilcox Hall), 11 a.m. – noon
• July 31: Sandy Creek United Methodist Church, 10:30 a.m. – noon.
There is a limited number of coupon booklets available, and there is a limit of one booklet per household.
Distribution will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Those with questions regarding the coupon booklets may call the Office for the Aging at 349-3484, weekdays between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.