PULASKI, NY – The Pulaski Historical Society will join in the celebration of “Old Home Days” with a special display at the museum, of stories and photos from past festivities.
Included will be advertisements, articles and pictures from the 1910 “Old Home Week,” when the Memorial Boulder was installed and dedicated in South Park.
Also, “Wedding Dresses and Organization Outfits” will be on display through the summer.
In the museum, wedding fashions from the 1870s to the 1970s from the Pulaski area will be exhibited along with photographs and memorable wedding stories.
In the Carriage House, local sports and organization uniforms will be on view, as well as photos of various sports teams through the years.
The Carriage House also has the exhibit “Windows on Main Street,” displaying photographs, artifacts and memorabilia from Jefferson Street businesses from the past.
In addition, there are other ongoing displays showing farm, factory and family life.
Also available for purchase are the recent Arcadia Publishing book, Images of America: Pulaski and the Town of Richland, along with Salmon River Odyssey and other publications about Pulaski’s history produced by the Historical Society.
Proceeds of purchases go to help fund the operations of the Historical Society and towards the museum’s new roof fund to replace the current roof with a steel roof.
The Pulaski Historical Society is located at 3428 Maple Ave., in the village, across from Mavis Tire/Cole Muffler.
The museum is open in July and August on Thursdays and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Volunteers are available to help with research and questions at the regular work sessions on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to noon.
For more information, call 298-4650, or e-mail [email protected]