OSWEGO, NY – Patrick Dewine, executive director of United Way of Greater Oswego Count has announced that the Oswego Fire Fighters Association Local 126 is now collecting school supplies in support of the Stuff-A-Bus campaign at their main headquarters, 35 E. Cayuga St.
Made possible through a collaboration between the United Way and Oswego County school districts, the United Way’s annual Stuff-A-Bus campaign collects school supplies for children in need throughout Oswego County.
“We are pleased to once again receive support from the Oswego Firefighters Association,” said Dewine. “Stuff-A-Bus Committee Member Jennifer Losurdo did a great job in reaching out to the fire department. The generosity of the Oswego Fire Department will help to make our Stuff-A-Bus campaign more successful and allow us to provide as many children as possible with the school supplies they need to start the school year.”
The highlight of the Stuff-A-Bus Campaign will be a special collection day on August 19 when the United Way looks to fill eight school buses with school supplies from pens and pencils to notebooks and backpacks.
Volunteers will be at each bus to accept donations.
Buses will be at the following sites from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
– Wal-Mart on Route 49 in Central Square
– Wal-Mart on Route 104 in Oswego
– Wal-Mart on Route 3 in Granby
– Kinney Drugs at 3318 Main St. in Mexico
– Kinney Drugs at 3873 Rome Road in Pulaski
– Kinney Drugs at 17 S. First St. in Fulton
– The Hannibal Village Market IGA, Route 3 in Hannibal
– Fulton Savings Bank parking lot, Route 57 in Phoenix
For more information on the Stuff-A-Bus campaign, contact your United Way office at 315-593-1900.