OSWEGO, NY – At its meeting Monday night, the Common Council approved the sale of several properties.
- Property located at 81 Erie Street – to Lee Walker for $15,000. The sale is contingent upon property remaining a single-family residence.
- Property located at 105-109 West Bridge Street – to Jeff Holbrook for $10,000. The sale is contingent upon his being responsible for remediation of any environmental issues at the premises at his expense within 18 months; and upon his agreeing to indemnify and hold the city harmless with regard to any environmental issues.
- Property located at 15 Murray Street. This property shall be listed with Century 21 Galloway Realty for sale at its fair market value.
- Property located at 63 East Third Street – to Charles J. Burger for $5,000. The sale is contingent upon Burger bringing the exterior of the property into compliance with all city code requirements within six months from the date of the deed.
The council also approved use of public space for:
- Linda Paris, owner of a single-family dwelling at 350 Duer St., in order to construct a second story addition
- Richard Goodman, owner of a single-family dwelling at 304 Maple St., in order to erect a fence.
They also approved use of city properties for: The Oswego Bookmobile Program’s 2013 Summer Schedule.
Councilors approved sign permits for:
- Cindy Reed, owner of Port City Day Spa, 9 E. Cayuga St.
- And Brian Girard, owner of Blue Plate Seafood, 173 W. First St.
Three requests for a variance of the Noise Ordinance were granted for:
- Nicholas M. Canale, proprietor of Canale’s Restaurant, 156 W. Utica St., during the months of June and July.
- Nicholas J. Sereno, proprietor of Lighthouse Lanes, 295 E. Albany St., for May 18, and for their annual “Super Summer Concert Series.”
The amusement license for the 2013 racing events at the Oswego Speedway was approved.
The council OK’d a two-year extension of agreement with Larry’s Oswego Salmon Shop for fish cleaning services at Wright’s Landing.
The mayor was authorized to:
- Execute an agreement with the Oswego City-County Youth Bureau for the 2013 operation of the youth centers.
- To sign change order No. 5 with C.O. Falter Construction Corp. for project modifications to the Excess Flow Management Facility Disinfection Project.
- To sign task order No. 6 with GHD Consulting Engineers for project modifications to the West Side Combined Sewer Separation Project.
- To execute a 36-month agreement with MultiMed Billing Service for ambulance billing services, which will assist in meeting new regulatory compliance mandates while maximizing revenues, councilors said.