FULTON – On Thursday, April 5, at approximately 5:32 a.m., investigators with the Oswego County Drug Task Force, with the assistance of the Oswego County Sheriff’s Department’s Emergency Services Unit and the Fulton City Police Department, executed a narcotics related search warrant at 516 Seward St. in the city of Fulton.
As a result of the search warrant execution, approximately 15.8 grams of cocaine, 496 prescription pills, dilutants and digital scales were seized, police said.
Also seized were two illegally possessed handguns, one of which was loaded.
The street value of the seized drugs is approximately $3,750.
John L. Williams, 40, of 516 Seward St., Fulton, was arrested and charged with:
• Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the 3rd degree, intent to sell – Class B Felony
• Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the 4th degree – Class C Felony
• Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the 2nd degree – Class C Felony
• Criminally Using Drug Paraphernalia in the 2nd degree – Class A Misdemeanor (2 counts)
• Endangering the Welfare of a Child – Class A Misdemeanor
Williams was arraigned in Fulton City Court and remanded to the Oswego County Correctional Facility in lieu of $10,000 cash bail or $20,000 bail bond.
He is scheduled to reappear in Fulton City Court on April 18.
The investigation is ongoing and further arrests and/or criminal charges are a possibility.
The Oswego County Drug Task Force is comprised of members from the Oswego County District Attorney’s Office, Oswego County Sheriff’s Department, NYS University Police at Oswego, U.S. Border Patrol and Oswego City Police Department.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation or other illegal drug activity is urged to contact investigators at 315-349-8222 or email [email protected]
All information will remain anonymous.