On April 14, State Police in Oneida arrested Christopher C. Bigford, 38, from Cleveland, NY, for the following:
- Identity Theft 1st degree – class “D” felony
- Identity Theft 3rd degree – class “A” misdemeanor
- Grand Larceny 3rd degree – class “D” felony
- Grand Larceny 4th degree – class “E” felony
- Criminal Impersonation 2nd degree – class “A” misdemeanor
Bigford was charged after an investigation revealed he allegedly stole his deceased grandfather’s identity and stole more than $10,000 in goods and services.
In addition, Bigford was also charged in connection with stealing his 100-year-old great-grandmother’s identity and stealing more than $6,400 in goods and services.
He was arraigned in the town of Hamilton Court and remanded to the Madison County Jail in lieu of $15,000 cash/$30,000 bond.
He is scheduled to return to the town of Hamilton Court on April 18 at 1 p.m.