Oswego Health Psychologist To Provide An Ask The Doctor So Your Child Has Autism: What’s Next?

OSWEGO – Oswego Health Psychologist Tina Stassin Head, PhD, will provide an Ask The Doctor that focuses on the treatment of Autism on April 16 at GS Steamers in Oswego.

" data-medium-file="https://oswegocountytoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Tina-Stassin-ask-doctor-e1521478431382-300x450.jpg" data-large-file="https://oswegocountytoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Tina-Stassin-ask-doctor-e1521478431382-460x689.jpg" class="size-medium wp-image-233811" src="https://oswegocountytoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Tina-Stassin-ask-doctor-e1521478431382-300x450.jpg" alt="Tina Stassin Head" width="300" height="450" srcset="https://oswegocountytoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Tina-Stassin-ask-doctor-e1521478431382-300x450.jpg 300w, https://oswegocountytoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Tina-Stassin-ask-doctor-e1521478431382-150x225.jpg 150w, https://oswegocountytoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Tina-Stassin-ask-doctor-e1521478431382-460x689.jpg 460w" sizes="(max-width: 300px) 100vw, 300px" />
Tina Stassin Head

Dr. Stassin presentation, So your child has autism: What’s next? offers an overview of the autism spectrum disorder with a focus on treatment.

She will also discuss the new related diagnosis of “social (pragmatic) communication disorder;” as well as what happened to the former diagnosis of Asperger’s Disorder and how to get an evaluation for those where an ASD is suspected.

Dr. Stassin provides care at Oswego Health’s Child and Family Services program, located in Fulton.

She is a licensed clinical psychologist, who earned her PhD At Western Michigan University. Her internship and Fellowship were completed at the Kelberman Center in Utica, a regional center of excellence for individuals with autism spectrum disorder.

The Ask The Doctor Forum is a free presentation sponsored by the Oswego Health Community Development Office.

The forum is designed to create an open dialogue between health care providers/professionals and interested members of the greater Oswego County community.

Reservations are encouraged by calling 349-5500.