Oswego Police raided five city businesses today, alleging those stores sold bath salts or synthetic drugs.
- Bodified, at 25 West Bridge Street
- Heagerty’s Hot Spot, at 202 West 1st Street
- Smoker’s Choice, at 286 Route 104
- Smoker’s Choice, at 255 West Seneca Street
- Xtreme Underground, at 27 West Bridge Street
Police Chief Tory DeCaire said that the new State Health Department regulations announced by Governor Cuomo earlier this month allowed the department to investigate the locations and execute search warrants on the five businesses.
DeCaire said in a news release, “The execution of the search warrants today are really just a part of the overall investigation. We will continue our investigation and, based on the totality of the evidence, make a determination regarding pending arrests and appropriate charges. Our goal today is not to adversely impact legitimate businesses, but rather to get dangerous items off of store shelves, educate the public, and hopefully help to make Oswego a safer place.”