OSWEGO, N.Y. – The Oswego State men’s tennis team (0-1) opened its 2012-13 campaign with a 9-0 home loss to Roberts Wesleyan at Romney Tennis Courts on Friday.
The Redhawks (1-0) were also playing their first match of the year, and they started the year by sweeping doubles to take a 3-0 lead. Sophomores D.J. Esposito Kelley (Sayville, N.Y.) and Tim Van Hine, Jr. (Apalachin, N.Y.) were in a close 2-1 battle at first doubles before Roberts Wesleyan rattled off six straight games for the 8-1 victory.
In singles action, Van Hine, Jr. played the closest match for the Lakers at third singles. After losing the first set, 6-0, he nabbed two games in the second set from junior Beka Buchukuri.
The Lakers are back in action tomorrow at noon when they match up with Cazenovia.
1. Julio Toledo (RW) def. Ben Weiss (OSWM) 6-0, 6-0
2. Charles Farres (RW) def. D.J. Esposito-Kelley (OSWM) 6-0, 6-0
3. Beka Buchukuri (RW) def. Tim Van Hine, Jr. (OSWM) 6-0, 6-2
4. Robert Beer (RW) def. Max McCune (OSWM) 6-0, 6-0
5. Jordan Sadowitz (RW) def. Sam Moores (OSWM) 6-0, 6-1
6. Emanuel Rauchle (RW) def. Dillon Corbett (OSWM) 6-0, 6-0
1. Julio Toledo/Charles Farres (RW) def. D.J. Esposito-Kelley/Tim Van Hine, Jr. (OSWM) 8-1
2. Beka Buchukuri/Robert Beer (RW) def. Max McCune/Brian Tosti (OSWM) 8-1
3. Jordan Sadowitz/Emanuel Rauchle (RW) def. Sam Carges/Ben Schleider (OSWM) 8-0