KEUKA PARK, N.Y. – The Oswego State men’s tennis team (3-4) took a 2-1 lead after doubles play and won five of six singles matches to cruise to a 7-2 victory over Keuka (0-4) Tuesday afternoon.
The Lakers received wins at No. 2 and No. 3 doubles starting with Tim Van Hine, Jr. (So., Apalachin, N.Y.) and Dillon Corbett (Sr., Honeoye Falls, N.Y.) winning 8-1 at the second spot followed by Ben Schleider (Sr., Washingtonville, N.Y.) and Sam Carges (Sr., Brockport, N.Y.) winning 8-4 at the third spot.
Van Hine, Jr and Max McCune (Jr., Hilton, N.Y.) posted straight set 6-0, 6-0 victories at No. 2 and No. 4 singles, respectively, while Schleider recorded a 6-0, 6-1 win at No. 6 singles. Brian Tosti (Sr., Clifton Park, N.Y.) notched at 6-1, 6-1 victory at No. 3 singles followed by a 6-2, 6-3 win at No. 5 singles by Carges.
Oswego State looks to host Alfred on Wednesday at 3:30 p.m.
1. Justin Fries (KEUKA) def. Ben Weiss (OSWM) 6-0, 6-0
2. Tim Van Hine, Jr. (OSWM) def. Kyle Rivera (KEUKA) 6-0, 6-0
3. Brian Tosti (OSWM) def. Jakiem Brown (KEUKA) 6-1, 6-1
4. Max McCune (OSWM) def. Rich Matrassi (KEUKA) 6-0, 6-0
5. Sam Carges (OSWM) def. Zack Ward (KEUKA) 6-2, 6-3
6. Ben Schleider (OSWM) def. David Caramella (KEUKA) 6-0, 6-1
1. Justin Fries/Kyle Rivera (KEUKA) def. Max McCune/Brian Tosti (OSWM) 9-7
2. Tim Van Hine, Jr./Dillon Corbett (OSWM) def. Jakiem Brown/Rich Matrassi (KEUKA) 8-1
3. Ben Schleider/Sam Carges (OSWM) def. Zack Ward/Robert Fogle (KEUKA) 8-4