;

Pulaski School District Capital Project Vote on June 24

Pulaski School District voters will go to the polls to vote on a revised capital building project on June 24.

After the defeat of a project proposal in March, the board of education reviewed and revised the project for a new vote.

The current proposal is for $10,184,100 and includes the same infrastructure and many of the site and field items as the previous proposal. The major change is that the artificial turf surface for the football/soccer field, and the stadium lighting have been removed from the project. The proposal does rebuild the track to widen the football field to accommodate soccer and adds underground drainage to the field and a sod surface will be installed.

“This is still a very good project at the right time,” said Dr. Marshall Marshall, Pulaski superintendent. “Even though the artificial turf would have expanded the seasonal use of the field and the lights would have been a nice addition, they were not necessary. The current proposal clearly will improve the field and track area while including all the other previously proposed facilities improvements at no change in local expenditure on capital projects.”

The project will be 90% paid by the state and the remaining 10% will be covered by current payments on capital debt that will be paid off this year. So this project will not change the local contribution.

Voting will take place on June 24 in the Lura Sharp Elementary School band room from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.

For more information on the project, visit the Pulaski District website at www.pacs.cnyric.org