OSWEGO, NY – At its meeting this week, the Common Council authorized a public hearing regarding the proposed amendments to the Code of the City of Oswego, Chapter 257, Vehicles and Traffic Ordinance, Section 257-27, Winter Parking Restrictions.
The public hearing is set for Jan. 25 at 7:10 p.m. in the Council Chamber of City Hall.
The council has indicated that members are in favor of the off street parking ban that was used for many winters in the Port City.
Also this week, councilors approved use of public space for:
• Elizabeth McGrath, owner of property located at 16 W. Fifth St., in order to erect a porch
• Richard H. Sivers, vice president of the Oswego County Historical Society, in order to install a new historic roadside marker at the corner of East First and Oneida streets
• Ellen B. Clark, Concierge for Experience Oswego, in order to place 10 illuminated hearts on the Bridge Street Bridge poles during the month of February
• Trinity United Methodist Church in order to place four A-Frame advertising signs for its winter carnival to be held on January 23.
The mayor was authorized to:
• Sign change order No. EC-1 with Rombough Electric for project modifications to the Charles E. Riley Booster Pump Station Project
• Execute an agreement with the county of Oswego through the Oswego City-County Youth Bureau for reimbursement from the AmeriCorps Grant
• Execute an environmental risk management services agreement with Synapse Property Resources for property located at 68 W. First St.
• Accept and execute a proposal submitted by SWBR Architects for the Oswego Harbor Revitalization Initiative.