Ralph Edward Stacy Jr. hereby officially announces his campaign for the office of Fourth Ward Councilor on the City of Fulton Common Council.
As a lifelong resident, the 37-year-old feels that the “city with a future” needs new blood and a renewed motivation in order to preserve the future of Fulton, to increase a desire for citizens to stay in the city, and to encourage those who reside outside of Fulton to relocate to a welcoming neighborhood.
The most effective way for this to be done is by championing at the neighborhood level first, improving them, and empowering the citizens to work together for the common good. As a current member of the Fulton Planning Commission, Ralph has gained valuable experience in economic development and zoning rules, the issues that can arise when plotting a future for a community, and to connect with the citizens concerning their dreams and goals.
With his planning knowledge and his passion for his community, Ralph feels he can restore the neighborhood pride needed to help take Fulton to a whole new level.
Amongst Ralph’s goals should he be elected are:
– Encouraging homeowners in the 4th Ward to take pride in their neighborhood. Community beautification projects, with the residents of the neighborhood involved, will help to empower the citizens to get involved in their municipal government and share ideas that can benefit the whole city. An attractive city is a successful city!
– Addressing infrastructure issues within the Fourth Ward. Inadequate street lighting in certain areas of the neighborhood, missing traffic control signage, localized hazardous conditions from flooding during rain storms, and complaints of malfunctioning sewer lines in parts of the 4th Ward, must be addressed immediately for the safety and wellbeing of the citizens. Ralph will take these concerns to city hall and seek resolution.
– Ensuring rental properties are properly serviced and taken care of by their owners/landlords. This will help to serve two purposes: 1.) To ensure that those citizens who rent their dwelling are afforded the same comfort, safety, and pride that any other citizen in the city is afforded and deserves, and 2.) To help the neighboring homeowners maintain their property values and enjoy the small town neighborhood charm that people move to Fulton to experience.
– Work on improving our parks and recreation programs for the city’s families and youth. From seeking volunteers to help improve our parks, to adding more community festivals, we need to give our citizens some safe, family friendly activities to enjoy year round. Give people a reason to work, live, and play in Fulton!
– Work with Cayuga Community College, which lies within the Fourth Ward, to help the college expand and thrive here in Fulton. This will help to realize the potential spin off development and added visitors to the city of Fulton, which will prove to be an integral component to improving the community. Cayuga Community College also will provide our young citizens with the education they need to be successful members of our society. In turn, Ralph would also like to get the college campus community involved with programs that will promote both the Fourth Ward and the city in general.
– Seek out and encourage development and repurposing of the former Nestle Chocolate and Confections Company, which also lies within the Fourth Ward. The factory sits on a prime piece of real estate on the main thorough-fare in the city. It is time to promote, rezone if necessary, and make the property an attractive and useful part of the community once again. This will also serve to spark proper development and growth along the 481 Corridor, and promote beautification of said corridor. What better view to have when entering Fulton than a vibrant and proud area?
– Work with the Common Council to ensure that the city is continuously operating in proper fiscal parameters, and in the most cost effective means. This will help to control our tax levy and maintain it at an acceptable level to city taxpayers.
– Encourage the Common Council to explore consolidation and merging of some services with our neighboring municipalities. We are not talking annexation, we are talking reducing the duplication of services and pooling our resources together. This can help realize true property tax savings for Fulton, Granby, and Volney citizens. Ralph also plans to promote a dialogue between the Fulton Common Council and the Fulton City School District in order to explore potential partnerships there as well.
Most importantly, Ralph will make the time to hear any 4th Ward Citizen’s concerns whenever they may have them. Ralph would like to have neighborhood wide meetings so that Fourth Ward citizens have a dedicated forum to air their grievances and hear updates, in addition to the regular common council meetings.
Ralph will do his best to address those issues, and any issues Ralph cannot solve on his own, he will seek the answer from the proper areas.
Ralph Edward Stacy, Jr. is a person who cares deeply about his hometown. Ralph believes that making Fulton a better place to live is a key in building a model for other municipalities to explore, and perhaps make their communities a better place as well. Ralph is married, has 4 children, and has obtained a Master’s Degree in Administration of Justice and Security, and a Bachelor’s Degree in Community and Human Services. Ralph is currently employed as a college peace officer/supervisor, a part time machinist, and is as a member of the City of Fulton Planning Commission. Ralph can relate to the public sector worker, as well as the blue collar private sector worker. Ralph is also a member of Hiram Lodge #144 Free and Accepted Masons and has served with the New York Guard.
Ralph is seeking to win the ability to run on his registered party line, the Independence Party, during the September 10 primary, and Ralph has already earned the ability to run on the Democratic Party line this November.
Ralph is available for Fourth Ward citizens to talk about their concerns and desires throughout the campaign.
Be sure to check out Ralph’s platform and contact information on our Facebook group page “Stacy for 4th Ward Councilor – City of Fulton, NY”, our website http://www.ralphstacyjr.com, or email us at [email protected]
Regardless of your political leanings or candidate of choice, Ralph encourages everyone to exercise your most precious right and register to vote.
The future is here!