Due to poor road conditions, Centro buses in Oswego, Fulton and Mexico are delayed by 10-15 minutes. Please plan your travels accordingly. Customers can contact Centro Oswego: (315) 342-4400 for further information.
HANNIBAL TOWN OFFICIALS URGE PEOPLE TO STAY OFF THE ROADS
Hannibal Town – Hannibal Town officials are asking people to avoid driving on town roads for at least four hours until the lake effect snow band lets up and highway crews can plow the roads.
The Hannibal Town Hall has been closed for the day.
The lake effect band has been sitting over Hannibal for several hours this morning and highway crews are having a difficult time keeping the roads plowed, Town Supervisor Ron Greenleaf said. Visibility conditions are very poor and driving conditions are treacherous.
- Mexico Central Schools are closed today.
- Oswego City Schools are closed today.
- Fulton City Schools are closed today No staff reporting
- Central Square Central Schools are closed today.
- Hannibal Central Schools are closed today – BOE Budget Workshop tomorrow (Feb. 5) at 7:15 p.m.
- Phoenix Central Schools are closed today
- No daytime classes at the Fulton campus of Cayuga Community College
- Oswego County BOCES is closed.
2 hour delays:
- APW Central Schools are on a two hour delay
- Pulaski Central Schools are on a two hour delay
- Sandy Creek Central Schools are on a two hour delay
From the SUNY Oswego University Police’s Facebook page:
“The campus is open and everything is running on schedule. Please use caution and watch for pedestrians, especially in the parking lots. The Lake Effect Snow Warning is still in effect.”
FROM THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE:
403 AM EST MON FEB 4 2013
…LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM EST TUESDAY…
* LOCATIONS…OSWEGO COUNTY.
* TIMING…THROUGH TONIGHT.
* ACCUMULATIONS…AN ADDITIONAL 4 TO 7 INCHES TODAY…AND UP TO 2 INCHES TONIGHT.
* WINDS…NORTHWEST 10 TO 20 MPH.
* VISIBILITIES…UNDER A QUARTER MILE AT TIMES.
* IMPACTS…LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL RESULT IN SNOW COVERED ROADS WITH POOR VISIBILITIES AND DIFFICULT TRAVEL.
IN LAKE EFFECT SNOW THE WEATHER CAN VARY FROM LOCALLY HEAVY SNOW IN NARROW BANDS TO CLEAR SKIES JUST A FEW MILES AWAY. IF YOU WILL BE TRAVELING ACROSS THE REGION BE PREPARED FOR RAPID CHANGES IN ROAD AND VISIBILITY CONDITIONS.
IF YOU LOSE POWER AND PLAN ON RUNNING A GENERATOR…MAKE SURE THAT THE GENERATOR IS LOCATED OUTDOORS AND IS PROPERLY VENTILATED. SPACE HEATERS SHOULD ALSO BE PROPERLY VENTILATED AND USED ONLY IF THEY ARE OPERATING PROPERLY. MAKE SURE SNOW DOES NOT BLOCK EXHAUSTS AND FRESH AIR INTAKES FOR HIGH EFFICIENCY FURNACES AND WATER HEATERS.
STAY TUNED TO NOAA WEATHER RADIO OR YOUR FAVORITE SOURCE OF WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE LATEST UPDATES. ADDITIONAL DETAILS CAN ALSO BE FOUND AT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BUFFALO.
REPORT SNOW ACCUMULATION TO THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BUFFALO BY SENDING AN EMAIL TO [email protected]… POSTING TO THE NWS BUFFALO FACEBOOK PAGE…OR TWEET…USING THE HASHTAG B…U…F…W…X
Material from Oswego County Today sources and NewsChannel 9.