;

Set Clocks Back – Check Your Batteries, Too

fall back logo

OSWEGO – With the turning back of the clocks this Sunday, November 6, the Oswego Fire Department wants to remind all residents to check the batteries in their smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.

These devices have proven many times over to be lifesavers.

Having the correct amount of each type of detector and that they are working properly is a simple and inexpensive way to help keep your family and loved ones safe from the perils of toxic gases from fire as well as protection from carbon monoxide known as the ‘silent killer.”

“Many times we have reminded residents of the importance of checking their detectors and sadly to say sometimes we still encounter homes with either no detectors or ones that are not properly working due to failure or the removal of batteries,” Chief Jeff McCrobie said. “In addition to checking your own home, please help others who may need assistance in checking their own home for whatever reason. If you have any questions feel free to contact the Oswego Fire department at 343-2161.”