;

The H. Lee White Marine Museum

arthur-nygard-w-lens.jpgThe main museum building is filled with maritime exhibits, spanning hundreds of years. Among the museum’s vessels, most prominent is the WWII Army Transport Tug, the “LT-5”- a National Historic Landmark, which served during the Normandy Invasion. A dedicated crew of volunteers has carefully restored the LT-5. Another vessel open for touring is the 1925 New York State Canal Boat No. 8 which plied and worked the canal system for over 60 years. A recent addition is the Eleanor D, the last U.S. commercial fishing boat to work Lake Ontario. It was locally owned by the Cahill family and is fondly remembered by many area residents. Plans are underway to restore the boat this summer season. Also, visitors and residents alike may enjoy stopping in to visit the newly renovated gift shop “The Treasure Chest.”