FULTON, NY- The city of Fulton will host its annual Memorial Day Parade on Saturday, May 26, at about 10 a.m.
The parade will begin at the intersection of Division and South Fourth streets and will travel north on South Fourth Street, west on East Broadway and continue west on West Broadway to the Fulton War Memorial located at 609 W. Broadway.
The parade will close several streets and restrict parking on many streets along the parade route.
Vehicles on the parade route or the following streets during the time specified will be towed at the owner’s expense.
Starting at 8 a.m. on the following Streets:
• Division Street between South Sixth and South Fourth streets – both sides of the street
• South Fourth Street between Division Street and East Broadway – both sides of the street
• East Broadway between South Fourth and South First streets – both sides of the street
• Broadway Bridge – both sides of the street
• West Broadway between West First and Phillip Streets – both sides of the street
• William Gillard between West Broadway and Cedar Street – both side of the street
Residents, business owners, employers, and all other vehicular traffic located inside the parade route are advised that vehicles will not be permitted to cross the parade route except in an emergency.
Local deliveries, residents and other vehicular traffic affected by the road closures may be delayed or rerouted until the parade route is reopened to vehicles.
Traffic control and detours will be in place, but motorists should be aware that normal routes will be affected by the parade. State Route 3 (West Broadway and East Broadway) will be closed for approximately two hours.
If you are not attending the parade, you may want to avoid the city of Fulton to minimize your frustration with street closures and heavy volumes of traffic.
Go to the city of Fulton Facebook Page for detour maps and a map of the parade route.