Written by: John DeRousie, Custom Marketing Solutions
OSWEGO, NY – The United Way of Greater Oswego County’s Annual Stuff-a-Bus campaign collection day has been scheduled for August 14 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
School buses will be at the following sites to accept donations of school supplies from pens and pencils to notebooks and backpacks:
– Wal-Mart on Route 49 in Central Square
– Wal-Mart on Route 104 in Oswego
– Wal-Mart on Route 3 in Granby
– Kinney Drugs at 3318 Main St. in Mexico
– Kinney Drugs at 3873 Rome Road in Pulaski
– Kinney Drugs at 17 S. First St. in Fulton
– The Hannibal Village Market IGA, Route 3 in Hannibal
– Fulton Savings Bank parking lot, Route 57 in Phoenix
The United Way’s Stuff-A-Bus Campaign helps to provide area youth in need with the supplies they need to begin the school year.
“As the result of last year’s Stuff-A-Bus campaign we were able to serve approximately 1,600 families throughout Oswego County. This year, with the support of caring businesses and community members we are hoping to serve even more Oswego County students,” said Melanie Trexler, executive director of United Way of Greater Oswego County.
Made possible through a partnership with United Way, school districts throughout Oswego County and more than 20 business and organizations, the Stuff-A-Bus Campaign seeks to collect donations of school supplies for distribution to less fortunate students throughout Oswego County.
For more information on the Stuff-A-Bus campaign contact your United Way office at 315-593-1900, Trexler or the Oswego City School District Superintendent’s Office 315-341-2001, Jo Ann Conzone.